Where did the time go?!?

Well, it’s hard to believe that another year at Mount Union is over. After tomorrow, exams will be over, and the rest of campus will be finally heading home for the summer. If you read my last post, you will remember that I actually have a couple more days after exams until I get to head home for summer. As a Preview and Orientation guide, we have our last retreat this Wednesday until Friday, and then after that it’s back to Pittsburgh for me!

In this past year, I feel like I have accomplished a lot as a student and person. At the beginning of the semester, I received my open bid from Alpha Chi Omega, was initiated into the sorority and even became vice president of risk management. Sorority is something that has meant a lot to me this year and really helped me to grow as a person and excel as a student. It is certainly something that I encourage everyone to look into! This year has also been a big year for student involvement on my part. I knew that I wanted to get more involved this year, and I certainly accomplished that goal! I have been accepted into positions such as Preview and Orientation, Residence Life and Up til’ Dawn committee and was also initiated into Kappa Delta Pi, the education honor fraternity. All of these accomplishments have meant so much to me and are really going to be important parts of my college experiences.

If there were one piece of advice that I would give incoming freshman, it would be to GET INVOLVED! You meet so many different kinds of people and have amazing opportunities when you join different organizations and clubs. These organizations and the people you meet and work with while being involved become your family at Mount and really help you to enjoy every moment you spend here.

I feel like time goes by way too fast, and the past two years of my college career have really flown by. As I started packing up my room today, I was shocked that I was actually going to be leaving for the summer because I felt as If I was just unpacking to put pictures up and make me room feel “homey.” All I can say is … I will be sure to make the most of my last two years at Mount because you don’t have time to sit around and say “I should have done this, or I should have done that.” You just have to do it.

I hope everyone has a safe a great summer!

- Alexa

2 Responses