What it really means to be Thankful

This past Thanksgiving, I was grateful for many things. My parents came from out of town to spend a weekend full of family, feasting, football (Go Packers!), laughter and plenty of turkey comas. I also got to experience my first Black Friday working at the Nike Outlet at Aurora Farms. This definitely didn’t help me get over my sickness, but at least I was able to make it on television on News Net 5! My friend sharing with me a great SNL video of Will Ferrell and Chris Katan singing as Air Supply about Thanksgiving time capped off the weekend. A definite great way to end the weekend!

I also came across a recent photo my brother shared with me, which he found on Deviant Art. This really opened my eyes about what you really should be thankful for. I hope you find some meaning in this as well!

“If you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world. If you have any money in the bank, your wallet and some spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture or the horrible pangs of starvation, you are luckier than 500 million people alive going through this suffering. If you can read this message you are more fortunate than the 3 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.”

What are you thankful for this Holiday season?