Whale Trail for iOS Giveaway!

I’m a sucker for apps. However, since I started my app buying hiatus, I haven’t bought any for quite a while. This experiment has actually proved very successful in saving me money and not loading up my iPhone with unnecessary junk. However, as I watched the App Store scene from afar, I noticed one new game gaining traction – Whale Trail. I’m a sucker for games that look simple and can quickly kill 15 minutes while waiting for a meeting, and Whale Trail seemed to fit the bill. I put it in my hypothetical “month bucket” (Month bucket. n. a hypothetical list of items you want to buy. Items must remain on the list for one month before you can buy them, thus eliminating impulse purchasing) and forgot about it.

Long story short, when I came to reevaluate my list, Whale Trail still seemed like something fun I would indulge myself with. So, I spent the .99 and picked it up. Verdict: it’s fantastic.

You take the role of Willow the whale in a journey through the clouds as you try to escape the evil Baron Von Barry (think the Cracken from Pirates of the Caribbean). Your goal is to help Willow fly through the sky collecting bubbles, which refill his Whale Trail meter gauge. If the gauge goes empty, you fall into the ocean and have to start from the beginning. As you fly along, you will have to dodge dark storm clouds which, if hit, can quickly deplete your WT gauge. The combination of a catchy soundtrack (you’re going have the theme song “Whale Trail” stuck in your head for a couple days) and engaging graphics make for a really fun pick-up-and-play experience.

willow the whale

Now for the fun part. I’m going to be giving away one copy of Whale Trail for iOS to one lucky commenter! All you have to do to be entered is the following:

1. Leave a comment below telling me what your current favorite iPhone / iPod touch / iPad game is.
  2. Go to the entry form: (click here to enter) and fill out your contact information

This coming Wednesday (November 16) I will randomly select one of the commenters and contact him or her via email. Good luck to everyone and even if you don’t win, still check the game out!

3 Responses