Wa what?! Wanelo! The name (pronounced wah-nee-lo) stands for “want, need, love” and is an online catalog of merchandise. We already have Pinterest, right? Why would we need Wanelo? Well, I’m not sure about you, but I have found myself a little bit frustrated with Pinterest in the past.
Often, when I stumble across something I LOVE on Pinterest, I click on the link and it leads to nowhere, or an “uploaded by user” sign pops up. Sometimes I spend days trying to find the product I saw on Pinterest and finally track down the link, only to find that the cute boots I was obsessed with are only available in Australia. Then there’s the fact that the shipping fee comes to $26, which seems like nothing next to the $480 price tag on the boots.
Pros of Wanelo:
- No dead-end links: Move your cursor over the image and you will see the name and price of the product, as well as where you can purchase it from.
- No dissapointment: Wanelo features (mostly) all affordable and no sold out items.
- No more wasted time: If you want to purchase the item, click on the “buy” button to the right of the image and it will take you directly to the website to make your purchase.
Cons of Wanelo:
- No inspiration: Unlike Pinterest, Wanelo does not feature arts and crafts ideas, party decor, new recipes, motivational quotes, etc.
- No categories: Although Wanelo allows you to search for certain things, there are no categories like on Pinterest (such as women’s fashion, men’s fashion, etc.)
- No personal boards: While you can save products to “categories,” you cannot build creative boards of things you are inspired by, love or want to save for future reference (such as the hundreds of pins you have of your dream home to show your future husband).
There are pros and cons to both Pinterest and Wanelo, but Wanelo is definitely a site to check out. Don’t get me wrong, I will always love Pinterest as I find inspiration from the site on a daily basis. However, Wanelo may be taking just a tad bit of my free time away from Pinterest in the future!
What are your thoughts on Wanelo? Do you still prefer Pinterest? Feel free to leave your comment below!