- Visit the Center for Global Education: Check!
- Choose a program: Check!
- Submit application: Check!
- Acceptance into program: Check!
- Apply for passport: Check!
- Apply for student visa: Check!
- Register for classes: Check!
- Fill out housing information: Check!
- Book flight: Check!
- Purchase adapters suitable for Europe: Check!
- Purchase a Skype number: Check!
- Make copies of visa, passport and all other documents: Check!
- Make doctors appointment for needed vaccinations
- Visit the bank to talk about banking overseas
- Purchase favorite snacks, breakfast bars, etc. for travel
- Purchase supply of favorite make up, hair products, etc.
- PACK! PACK! PACK!
There are exactly 20 days until I leave for Viterbo, Italy!
If you are planning on studying abroad, or even traveling on vacation or a family trip, it is extremely helpful to make a to-do list and check off things as you go. Creating a check list will help if you feel overwhelmed with all that you have to get done. I admit that along the way I became extremely anxious at times, such as when my visa did not arrive as promptly as promised, and when I had no idea how to go about applying for a passport, but in the end everything turned out fine. This is something I have to keep in mind while I am abroad. I am sure that everything will not happen exactly as I have planned. From the numerous flights to arrive at my destination, to all of my luggage, to the language barrier and everything else in between, something is bound to go wrong. However, I am learning that I must take a deep breath and know that everything is going to be OK!
This video is from the USAC (my study abroad program) website and I thought it would be fun to share with all of you what will be my new home for the next few months. I can’t believe it’s almost here!