Top of the morning to ya…

Hello everyone! With the shock of beautiful weather we were blessed with yesterday, spirits were high on campus as the celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day started fairly early in the morning. The majority of campus showed their appreciation for the Irish by wearing green! I also decided to pull out one of the only green shirts that I own from my closet, and indulged in  ‘ShamMUC’ shake from the B&B  in Campus Grounds to celebrate my Irish heritage! I must say this Saint Patrick’s Day mint chocolate chip shake was one of the best I’ve ever had!

I started my Saint Patrick’s Day off by going to the Early Learning Center in Alliance for my observation for one of my education classes. When you are an education major, some of the required courses that you have to take also require you to be placed at a local school for observation in your particular area of licensure. For example, I am majoring in early childhood education and am currently taking CE 250 with Dr. Watters, which requires my to complete 30 hours of observation in a classroom for early childhood which is grades k-3.

I complete my field observation every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10:30 a.m. and I really enjoy it! I am currently in a kindergarten class, and not only do I love it because that is the grade that I want to teach, but more so because of what I can do for the kids when I am there. Yesterday I assisted a little girl in reading a new book all by herself! I was so excited for her! It was so great to see how happy she was after she finished the last page and went over to tell her teacher what she had done! It’s moments like that, that really get me excited to be a teacher!

After heading back to Mount’s campus from my observation, I had some lunch in the lovely HPCC and attended my two classes that I have every Tuesday and Thursday. My second and last class of the day was stage make-up. This class is probably one of the coolest classes I think that Mount has to offer! In stage make-up, we learn how to use make up to create different characters and illusions on our faces that would be good for those performing on stage. Yesterday was bruises and abrasions. After we applied latex, fake blood and scar wax to our faces, the majority of the class truly looked severely injured! How neat right? I really do suggest taking this class for anyone who doesn’t have any ideas on how to fulfill one of their fine arts requirements!

Here is a wish for all of my Mount Unions friends as this fun holiday comes to an end! Happy Saint Patty’s Day!!

Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers—
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours—
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!