Top 10 Holiday Movies

As the Christmas season rolls in, there is one defining part that many people look forward to – Christmas movies! People cannot wait until they can finally watch their all-time favorite holiday films, which they have had stored away for 11 months. The television channel ABC Family begins showing Christmas movies around the middle of November in their annual “Countdown to 25 days of Christmas” program and then continues the movies in their yearly special “25 days of Christmas,” which begins on December 1. Many other channels begin scheduling holiday movies into their daily programming as well. These holiday movies also are taken off of the shelves and out of the cabinets at many homes and put into DVD players in order to really get people into the Christmas spirit. These movies make Christmas seem real and that the holiday is coming soon. For myself especially, I begin watching Christmas movies around Thanksgiving and don’t stop until after the December 25. I love Christmas movies and find much enjoyment through their viewing!

Now, there are hundreds of Christmas movies with each one possessing its own unique plot and message. Holiday movies range from the holiday classics to newly-produced movies and to ones that spread holiday cheer to others that promote believing in the holiday itself. So what movies make your list of Top 10 Holiday Favorites?

Here is my list of favorites:

1. Holiday Classics (such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, A Miser Brothers Christmas, The Year Without a Santa Claus) – I love all of the holiday classic films!
2. The Polar Express
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both the cartoon and Jim Carrey’s version)
5. Miracle on 34th Street
6. The Santa Clause (of the Tim Allen trilogy, the first is by far my favorite, however they all are great!)
7. Elf
8. A Charlie Brown Christmas
9. Three Days
10. A Christmas Carol

If you haven’t seen some of these movies, I recommend watching them. They will truly lift your holiday spirit and really put you in the Christmas mood. If you have other favorites that did not make my list, leave me a comment and share them with me!

3 Responses