The Most Innovative Company

When I attended the National Sports Forum in Louisville, Kentucky, I had the pleasure of listening to a presentation given by the CEO of one of the most innovative companies. The guest speaker was Amy Martin and she founded the social media guru company – Digital Royalty. Digital Royalty is at the forefront of the social media world as they are social media consultants for elite athletes and sport organizations. When Shaquille O’Neal sat in the middle of the Harvard campus like a statue, Digital Royalty was behind it. When UFC President Dana White accidentally tweeted his phone number to millions of people, Digital Royalty capitalized on it and created the fan phone.

I was amazed how much of a business approach Digital Royalty took to social media. This company is all about helping businesses utilize the emerging market of social media. Social media has staying power and is a powerful tool that business and capitalize on to increase revenue and awareness. I got a few seconds after the presentation to approach Martin and talk a little more in depth on the topic. To me, social media is a fascinating new tool that that will have taken over the business world by the time I enter the job force. I plan on following this social media powerhouse company in order to stay tuned into the new trends, and I suggest anyone interested in social media do the same.