Thankful November

You may have noticed on your Facebook or Twitter news feed that many are taking part in “Thankful November.” It’s pretty self-explanatory … you just make a status/tweet about what you’re thankful for on each day in November. I think it’s really important in such a busy world to remember to stop and think about all the things that make you fortunate. Some of my friends have posted about their parents, friends, siblings, boyfriends, girlfriends, hardships, happiness, education and sorority … so many things!

I’m taking part in this challenge and sometimes it’s a little difficult to sit down and actually think about your life. I mean, there are so many things to be thankful for each day, little things and big things too, but it’s almost harder to narrow it down to just one. I’m going to leave you with a few examples of what myself and/or my friends have been thankful for in the past two weeks or so.

• Today I’m thankful for my education. So many people in this country don’t finish high school, much less finish college or plan to go to graduate school. I’m thankful that my family is fortunate enough to be able to send me to Mount Union. I’m also thankful for the professors here that have pushed me to do my best in all my classes.
  • I’m thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me ♥ … I have the ability to travel and live in some of the most beautiful places, attend a variety of schools and experience a lifestyle not many will ever get the chance to. ♥
  • I’m thankful for all the troops fighting for our country’s safety.
  • Today, I’m thankful for the beautiful sunshine. It’s not often that we’re able to drive with the windows down well into November in Ohio, so I’m appreciating it today.
  • Today I’m thankful for sorority. Never have I met another more wonderful group of women who genuinely care for each other as these women do. Every time I walk into that house, I feel a warmth wash over me and I know that I’m home. I love knowing that around every turn on campus, I’ll have a friendly face to say hi to. These women accept everyone for who they are with no questions asked, no judgments made.
  • I’m thankful for my parents and all they have done/given up for me. I know everyday that I am number one in their lives and that means the world to me. I love you, mom and dad!