Students’ art in Crandall

It’s that time of year again!
Crandall Art Gallery has changed its contents. And this time, it’s all students’ work. Every year, the Department of Art opens up an art competition for spots in Crandall Gallery. You don’t have to be an art major or minor to do this, so any student is free to enter! And as per usual, this show was definitely not a let down!
I went to the reception and got pictures of some of the artists and their favorite pieces. This was a nice reception. There’s always food, but this time there were truffles. Yum! (Insert shameless plug for AVI’s catering haha). Anyway, the reception is always a great time to meet the artists, hear about their inspirations, etc. And when the artists are your peers, it’s especially awesome.
President Giese and his wife were there yesterday, along with a couple other higher ups at Mount Union. It’s possible that some lucky artist may see their work purchased and put somewhere on campus! My bet’s on Doug Laubacher. He’s a senior art major, and I’ve always heard of his work but never actually seen it. Until last night. I’m not even going to blog a picture of it because I want you to go to Crandall and see it for yourself. Isn’t that just cool!? You create art at Mount Union and it has the opportunity to be bought or showcased!

pic

Sophomore Jacob Ward

pic2

Sophomore Wilma Levengood