Senior football game!

This weekend marks the senior game for marching band!

I’m a senior this year, and this will be my last home regular season football game. So this will be my last pregame show. For playoff games, we have to keep the show very simple for pregame (only a simpler drill for the star spangled banner and alma mater). I think it has something to do with making the field a neutral playing field.

It’s weird to think that it’s almost the end of something. I realize that as a senior I’ll have a lot of “lasts,” but I’m pretty sure this is the first one that will really hit me. My “last” first day of school wasn’t really a big deal.

I’ve been part of the marching band program for four years now, and I’ve been marching for seven total. It’s still sinking in that this is my last season of marching.

All the seniors will get announced at this game – band, cheerleaders, dance team, etc. All the band seniors will get to go without hats for this game, so you can see our pretty faces! It will be fun! I’ll be surrounded by others who have dedicated their time to music and art, and I know all of us will miss it.

I’m definitely not the weepy sort; I’m not going to cry or anything. But any of you who are headed to the game this weekend, I hope you appreciate what it means to say goodbye to four years of something awesome. Music is something that will always be a big part of my life, and I’m grateful for all the years at Mount Union where I could be involved with so many musical opportunities.

Bye band, my first real “last.” It’s been real.

Mount Union Class of 2013!!!