Sean Denard!!!

My name is Sean Denard and I am a junior at the University of Mount Union. I’m an English major and psychology minor as well as a member of the men’s track and field team. On the track team, I compete in the shot put and discus where I earned All-American honors and was the MVP of the OAC Track and Field Championships.

I am originally from Naperville, a large suburb just 30 minutes southwest of Chicago. It’s the 2nd largest city in Illinois and is quite prominent in athletics and academics. My senior year I helped our football team win a state title and competed at the state championships for track and field.

Outside of school I have many hobbies which include cooking, glassblowing, writing, going on adventures and growing copious amount of body hair from my eyebrows to my toes.

Moving from a wealthy suburb of Chicago to the more rural setting of Alliance was definitely a paradigm shift that took some time to adjust to, but with this blog I hope I will be able to help others in a similar situation as mine to adapt to these new surroundings quicker than I had.