Sales & Marketing Executives of Cleveland Scholarship

Besides studying for finals, the only other task on my to-do list at the end of this semester was to apply for the Sales & Marketing Executives of Cleveland Scholarship. After getting a few recommendation letters from my managers at both the Cavaliers and Indians, I sent in my application and a few weeks later I was lucky enough to receive a phone call congratulating me on being the scholarship recipient. In addition to winning the scholarship, I also was invited to attend a luncheon where I would be recognized along with the other scholarship recipient from Lake Erie College. The guest speaker at the luncheon was the chief marketing officer (CMO) at the Cleveland Clinic. The Cleveland Clinic is one of the most respected hospital systems in the world so hearing the CMO speak about brand management through social media and its new sports health sponsorships with the Indians, Browns and Cavs was a great opportunity. At the luncheon were members of the Indians, Browns and Cavaliers along with representatives from numerous organizations and small and large businesses in the area. I made sure I spoke and networked with some of the members of SME Cleveland. The scholarship will definitely come in handy when it comes time to start paying off college, and the free SME membership I received as part of being a scholarship recipient also will help in building my network for when it comes time to apply for full-time jobs. SME Cleveland holds numerous luncheons throughout the year with an array of speakers and I plan to take full advantage of these unique opportunities.