Remember to Always Give Thanks

The Thanksgiving holiday is one that many people look forward to as it is a day in which you are able to see family members that you may not have seen in a while, watch some exciting displays of football and, of course, a day where you can eat as much as you want and not be judged by others. What many people don’t realize or tend to forget is that the Thanksgiving holiday is about much more than just that. I mean think of the word Thanksgiving itself … it contains two meaningful words – thanks and giving. And, that’s exactly what Thanksgiving is about. It’s about giving thanks and simply appreciating what you have.

Often enough, people get so caught up in their everyday lives that they take things for granted, forgetting to acknowledge and appreciate what they do have. People ask for more and more, especially as the Christmas season rolls in, instead of being grateful for what they do have. Many people in today’s world are less fortunate and well off. Many cannot even afford three meals a day or daily necessities such as clothes or toothpaste. Therefore, it’s important to stop and give thanks for what you do have not only on this wonderful holiday but everyday. So what are you thankful for?

Well, I’m thankful for many things. First off, I am thankful for my family as I would not be where I am or who I am today without them. They are my entire world and support system. Secondly, I am thankful for my amazing friends. They truly are the best that anyone could ever ask for. They are there for me no matter what and make my life meaningful, and they are the true meaning of friendship! Thirdly, I am thankful for the wonderful relationships I have made here at Mount Union and for the unique opportunities I have been given. Mount Union has opened many doors for me and presented me with many experiences that I know have and will change my life. Lastly, I am thankful to be alive and be where I am today.

So what did you give thanks for this Thanksgivng?

3 Responses