Relay for Life

Relay for Life is a big deal to a lot of people.  Raising money to help with preventing and treating cancer really does make a difference.  I have attended my sixth relay for life this weekend here at Mount Union.  My first one was a big deal since I met a lot of my good friends there and I made a difference by celebrating the lives of those who lost to cancer.

Almost every Relay, I have had a free hugs sign.  This obviously doesn’t raise any money, but it makes anyone smile whoever reads it, and it makes them feel even better after I give them a hug.  I couldn’t keep track of how many hugs I had given, but it was easily more than 50 hugs.

This year I was also in the Miss Relay Pageant Competition, where one male member from each team dresses as a woman, a very pretty woman.  I didn’t place top three this year, but I did raise $8.67 for the donation part of it.  I juggled for the talent portion which was impressive to me since I was in high heels.  From this experience, I appreciate women who wear heels, because they are painful.  I’ve also never been so nervous to be in front of people, probably because I didn’t like the way my hair looked.