It has now been one month since I have moved to Italy and I have already seen and learned so much about not only the world, but also about myself. I wanted to look back and reflect on this past month.
- Tossing a coin in the Trevi Fountain
- Watching the sun set over the beautiful city of Florence (while being serenaded)
- My discovery of European chocolate and tiramisu gelato
- Missing my family and friends (this could actually take spots 2 and 3 as well)
- The brutal walks and classes outside in the cold
- Adjusting to Italian culture; accepting that it’s not “wrong,” it’s just different!
- The extremely thin, burnt Italian pizza
- American music playing everywhere in Viterbo
- Trying my hardest at speaking Italian in Rome and being replied to in English
What I’m most looking forward to now:
- Seeing the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night
- Girls’ trip to Sicily
- The upcoming winery field trip
After all that has happened in the first month alone, I can’t wait to see what February has in store!