Preview and Orientation!!!

It seems that we can not get enough of all of the April showers … but I have just one question, are they really going to bring May flowers? Well, I’m really hoping so, because May is my favorite month … and it just happens to be when my birthday is! Even through all of these April showers, it’s still good to know that summer is almost here! Summer is THE BEST time of the year for me. Not because I’m not in school, but just because of what it means to me and all of the great opportunities and things I have to look forward to.

To me, summer means vacations on the beach, spending time with family and old and new friends, country concerts, babysitting, PREVIEW AND ORIENTATION and a bunch of other really cool stuff I plan on doing! Preview and Orientation is something I am super excited about for this summer! I was just hired this year and will be working as a Preview and Orientation guide for the new freshmen coming to Mount Union next year! Preview was something I had so much fun at as an incoming freshman and I’m so ready to make it just as fun for all of the new students Mount is welcoming next fall! I think what I liked most about Preview was the fact that we were placed in a group on the first day and stayed with the same group the whole time, playing different games outside and doing different stuff to help us get to know each other.

Coming to college is a big transition, and by attending Preview and Orientation at Mount Union it makes it so easy for all of the students to smoothly start this new chapter in their lives! Preview is not only good for the students, but the parents have a blast too! There are guides who will also have groups of parents and take them around to learn everything about Mount Union and what college life will be like for their sons and daughters.

Next week, as Preview and Orientation guides, we have our final retreat together at Camp Fred. I’ve heard this last retreat is really fun and helps all of the guides to become even closer and really get to know each other well before we start our first Preview session for the freshman in the end of June! Overall, Preview is a really great experience and I can’t wait to see how it goes on the other end of things this summer!