Mount Union’s commencement

As I’ve mentioned before, this past weekend was Mount Union’s 165th Commencement Ceremony… Fun fact – this year’s class was the FIRST class to graduate from The University of Mount Union. Pretty cool, eh?

I was in attendance for this year’s Commencement because my boyfriend and some of my friends were in the graduating class. Let’s just say the tears started about two hours before the ceremony! I’m such a sap for events like these.

Mount’s Commencement Ceremony was held in the Peterson Field House of The MAAC — it looked absolutely beautiful! It is so funny because usually there are people running around the track, playing tennis, jumping hurdles, etc… Now, there were hundreds of chairs, flowers, flags… A perfect spot for graduation! If it were outside, the ceremony would have been held on the south lawn Chapman Hall, but no, Ohio spring has been full of showers! Oh well, it was still perfect.

The ceremony lasted about two hours… sounds like a drag, right? Actually, it wasn’t! All of the speakers were entertaining and nothing seemed like it was dragging on… in fact, it went kind of fast. I’ll admit it, I shed some tears watching my friends walk across that stage and receive their diplomas. I can’t believe that it will be me up there in one year. Where did time go?

Mother’s Day was the next day and my mom and I went to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo for the day. It was free for moms so, as you could imagine, it was so crowded! We still had a great time! The new elephant exhibit is amazing — I definitely suggest you make a trip there at least once this summer!

The sun is finally shining and the rain has (maybe temporarily) gone away — I have sunburn to prove it! Hope you all are enjoying the sunshine!

-samantha