Mount Thanksgiving Dinner

This past Sunday I got a surprise when I walked into the cafeteria. Instead of the usual stations being opened, everything was closed, the tables were covered with table clothes and decorations and people were waiting for food in the front and back of the cafe. It was a make-shift Thanksgiving dinner! I had read on the napkin dispensers a few times about them holding this and about reserving a table, but my friends and I never got around to it. Thankfully, they still let us in. We just had to sit on the sides instead of in the middle at the fancy tables. The people at the middle tables actually got their own turkey to carve themselves! I was pretty surprised when I saw that. The meal consisted of salad, cranberries, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and of course, turkey. Usually I am not a stuffing person, but the cooking crew did an EXCELLENT job with the stuffing and it was my favorite part of the whole meal!

Although they had green beans, they didn’t have my favorite homemade dish – green bean casserole. My mom’s green bean casserole, biscuits and cavateals are my favorite dishes at my Thanksgiving meal. I think Mount Union did a really good job with their ‘dinner’ though! For dessert, they even had pumpkin, apple, peach and cherry pie! I got a slice of cherry with some vanilla gelato. That was the first time I ever got something besides a cookie or gelato from the dessert stand, but the pie was incredible! I do prefer cherry tarts that my grandmother makes a little bit more though because crumble crust is my favorite! The meal actually got me really excited for Thanksgiving!!

Tomorrow is our last day of classes and then we resume again on Monday. It’s short but I’m still happy to get to be with my family and friends, even if it is only for a little while. Then, three weeks later, the semester is over! This year is just flying by! I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :) Be thankful for all you have and give when possible to those who have less than you. Tis’ the season :)