Meet Samantha

Hi : ) I’m Samantha and I am a junior communication major concentrating in both public relations and media studies with a minor in sport business.

To give you a little preview of who I am, I’ll start with what I’m involved in here at Mount Union. I am the president of our fairly new (and growing) Public Relations Student Society of America (aka PRSSA) chapter as well as the front page editor of our student-run newspaper, The Dynamo. I am the public relations director of our campus radio station, WRMU 91.1 FM, where I also have a radio show called “Late Night Jams.” I’m also involved with our campus TV station, Studio M, where I do some PR tasks as well as work in front of the cameras. As you can tell, I have a strong passion for communication, especially public relations. The more I get involved in what this school has to offer, the more I fall in love with the field.

My involvement here at school has really opened up new doors for me. My hard work earned me an awesome internship with the Cleveland Indians last summer where I had the time of my life … I was able to be on the field for batting practice, met all the front office employees and even interacted with many players. Aside from those great opportunities, I attended press conferences and was able to work game-day photography. I’ve also met some really great people from the trips we’ve taken and have had some fabulous opportunities. Once, we took a trip to Fox 8 News in Cleveland where we met Mount Union graduate Stefani Schaefer and I was able to read a story live on the morning news!

I was born and raised in Cleveland and I could not be more proud. I am a huge Tribe fan (could ya tell?) whether they win or lose. Some of my hobbies include reading, writing and social networking. Lately, however, I’ve fallen in love with kickboxing and Zumba thanks to the classes offered here on campus. I also have a strong passion for traveling!

To learn more about life here at Mount, check back to our blogs; they’re going to be pretty awesome!

-samantha