March madness mania

It’s an understatement to call the NCAA tournament “madness,” because it exceeds that every year with completely astonishing upsets. This year Harvard stepped up and really caught everyone off guard. Of course there are always the teams that sometimes end up with a seed they shouldn’t have so they are underestimated and come back to win, but I had heard no talk of Harvard being any type of contender. Another big upset, at least for me, was the Georgetown game. I really thought that they could go all the way to the final again Louisville. As of right now I have 8 out the sweet 16. Considering all the surprising upsets I don’t think that is too bad. I am only missing one of my final four so far. I ended up getting 21 out of 32 on the crazy upset round. This year I even tried to predict some upsets but all of the ones I tried to choose were the wrong picks! My dad and I usually have a little competition, but this year our brackets were very similar, we event had the same champion! It’s hard to compete but I unfortunately think he is beating me because even if a team is good, if I do not like them, I will have them upset. An example of this is Florida Gators and Marquette. A few years ago I got the privilege of watching UNC beat Marquette in the sweet 16 round. It’s one of my favorite memories with my dad!

The NCAA live app has done wonders for me this year! I was so much more connected with what was going on, even if I didn’t like the outcome. I saw a lot more games then I usually do. I have a feeling this championship is going to have some surprising teams in it and I can’t wait to see who makes it. My bracket this year is a reminder though to be more involved during the regular season if I ever want to go into a betting bracket! During the regular season I may focus a little too much on the tarheels, but they are amazing so it’s no surprise that’s where I spend my time! How did you do on your bracket this year?