Mahler, part 2

Exciting stuff!

Mahler was amazing. Mahler Mahler Mahler.

As I mentioned in a previous blog, the Mount Union Concert Choir had the opportunity to sing Mahler’s second symphony with the Canton Symphony Orchestra.

First of all, the fact that we even had the opportunity to do that was freaking amazing. I can’t say enough good things about our choir program and the things that Dr. Cook has brought with him (this is only his second year as our director).

The Canton chorus really liked us. They could tell that Mount Union students brought a certain level of professionalism and preparedness, and they appreciated our hard work and effort. We were all mixed in with the Canton chorus as far as seating goes, and Dr. Cook heard a lot of comments after the performance about how awesome we were. Go us!

Then there was the performance.

It. Was. Beautiful. Like, I cried. On stage. I’m 99% singing, and 1% trying to figure out a good way to stop snotting up my face. The whole thing was so powerful because Mahler made beautiful music. And, there I was, singing one of the most coveted singing opportunities out there.

And, as if that isn’t awesome enough, Gerhardt Zimmermann blew us a kiss at the end. He’s the director of the Canton Symphony, and he is not an easy man to impress.

But wait, there’s more!

Our performance will be playing on the radio because they recorded it! Tune into 89.7 in January to hear our performance! More details to come on that later, or follow Canton Symphony on Facebook to find out!

This was an awesome opportunity, and it came to fantastic fruition.

Mahler!