Hookie for a good cause

So remember a few posts back I told you how I was working on that huge sponsorship proposal in one of my sport business classes? Well, it was (finally) due last week — how refreshing — but yesterday was the day of presenting. One of our professors in the Department of Human Performance and Sport Business somehow knows pretty much everyone in the sports world. He hooked us all up with different execs all over the surrounding area for our presentation. Some went to Cleveland (lucky), some went to Columbus, some headed to Youngstown and me and my group were able to head over to Pittsburgh.

I’ve been to Pittsburgh a couple times recently but never on a trip like this. Three of my classmates and I got in our professional attire, grabbed our “briefcases” and laptops and started off on a mini-road trip. The weather was pretty crappy here — you know, spring in OH — but once we hit PITT the sun almost automatically started shining. We timed our trip just perfectly because we arrived at PNC Park — home of the Pirates — right at 2 p.m., just in time for our meeting with the senior account executive with the Bucs.

PNC Park’s front offices reminded me of Progressive Field’s, but both are pretty unique to themselves. We went up to a conference room on the suite level of the ballpark and we had a great time talking about sports, talking about business and presenting our projects. Afterwards, he took us four out to the ballpark to show us all of the work he has done with getting sponsors. Now, I have never been inside of PNC Park, I’ve just looked at it from the outside. Let me tell you, it was gorgeous. What a great opportunity it was to go there!

After spending a couple of hours at the ballpark, we said our goodbyes (and got business cards) and went on our way home — but not before stopping and grabbing some sandwiches from Pittsburgh’s best Primanti Bros.

As I’ve mentioned before, Mount sure does a great job hooking us up with some fantastic opportunities. Yesterday was definitely one for the books.

-samantha

oh yea, and how ’bout them Indians? :)