Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Review

By Kyle Dreger

harry potter

Movie reviews are long and often, depending on the reviewer, can be highly biased one way or another. Myself, a frequent movie goer, wanted to start keeping track of the movies that I watch and what I think of them.

A great website called [Review in Haiku] by MG Siegler reviews movies in the standard 5-7-5 haiku format. I love this, primarily because it allows for a quick digestion of the film and it forces the author to really cut out all the unnecessary information; being that you have a total of 17 syllables to work with.

I have adopted this method of reviewing movies and my first shall be the final installment of the Harry Potter series. Many of the people in my grade and above grew up with the books and movies. To have followed the actors and actresses through the past 10 years has been a really fun experience, but now it has come to an end. Final films, especially where it takes two parts to complete, are often hit or miss. Thankfully, the final Harry Potter film did a great job of wrapping up the series. Without further ado, my review:

Final, darkest film
The boy who lived, come to die
Leaves us with closure

Review: Great.

Short and sweet, yet says so much. If you’ve watched any of the previous films or read the books, you owe it to yourself to go and see this one. You won’t be disappointed. Plus, with the cheap (awesome) movie tickets we get right here in Alliance from the Carnation Mall, there is really no excuse not to.

4 Responses