Happy Memorial Day weekend !

This summer is so fun! It’s my last summer before I have a “real job” and I’m trying to take advantage of that the best that I can. Last Monday and Tuesday, my boyfriend and I went to Kalahari Indoor Waterpark in Sandusky, OH. It was so, so relaxing. We went with a couple of our friends and spent the two days riding water slides, floating around on the lazy river, eating and drinking. It was so fun because now that I’m 21 I got to visit the swim-up bar! :]

I haven’t had two days off in a row since I started at Winking Lizard so it was really nice to request the days off for the vacation and be able to just relaaaxxxx.

It’s so fun seeing people all around town and all around Ohio that went to Mount Union. I was out with one of my friends a couple weeks ago and this random guy that we happened to come across was asking us what we do and where we go to school. She goes to Baldwin-Wallace and obviously I told him I go to Mount Union. He said that he went there and graduated in 2004. We struck up a conversation about the school and the football team and were instantly buddies!

Then just a few days ago, my sister and I were at the gym and two guys asked my sister if she went to Mount because she had a MU shirt on. She told them that she doesn’t go there but that I do, and both of them went on to tell me that they graduated from Mount years ago too! Everyone that I’ve met that has attended Mount has nothing but good things to say about the university and I know I will do nothing but rave about it too when I’m gone, just as I do now. :]

I worked a double at the restaurant today and I’m working another one tomorrow. We were actually really busy tonight, which was unexpected since it’s the holiday weekend and so many people do cookouts. I’m hoping tomorrow will be busy too, but we’ll just have to wait and see! We are closed Monday for Memorial Day and I’m so excited to spend the entire day doing stuff outside.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Have a great Memorial Day! :]

-Shannon

3 Responses