Guest Speaker (Pro Football Hall of Fame)

My boss at the Pro Football Hall of Fame (HOF), Pete Fierle, was a guest speaker in my public relations class today. Pete is the manager of digital media and communications, and he talked today about the HOF’s future 50 project and how the HOF uses social media. Social media is a rapid emerging market for organizations, and the Pro Football Hall of Fame is very active in social media. Check out the Pro Football HOF’s Twitter and Facebook. Pete is in charge of HOF’s social media. He and I have talked previously about my interest in social media, and I hope to potentially intern at the HOF again and help to develop its social media efforts.

Pete also touched on how to conduct a press conference (we will be hosting a mock one as a class project). I also found it very interesting how much the HOF relies on its public relations department for brand recognition. Pete gave us a lot of insight on the HOF’s induction ceremony and their involvement with Super Bowl weekend as well as the brand recognition HOF obtains from the Super Bowl. This video features Pete talking about the HOF’s interaction with Mount Union students. This special relationship will allow for numerous opportunities for future Purple Raiders.