Greetings Everyone

Hello and welcome to my blog! I’m glad you made it, and I hope you return to read about some of my experiences and happenings here at Mount Union. I am studying business management and Spanish, but plan to relate my studies to my minor in environmental science. Ever since I chose Mount Union I knew it would be important to get involved, and I am happy to be a part of our football team, Raider Relief, the Mount Union Wilderness Trip and the Sustainability Management Advisory Committee (SMAC). I also was an advocate for First Year Experience, member of Sophomore Service honorary and Alpha Lambda Delta honorary.

Before I dig too deep, I would like to tell you a little about who I am and where I’m from. My story begins in Indiana where I was born, has a short stint in Ohio, but the place I will forever call home is the historic city of Cedarburg, Wisconsin (just north of Milwaukee). I have grown up in Wisconsin my whole life but almost all of my relatives live in Ohio, which made my college transition a lot easier. I am the youngest of three brothers, who I look up to and often seek out to for advice. Although I was picked on when I was younger, they definitely toughened me up through backyard football games and family room floor hockey. I attended Cedarburg High School and played basketball and football, but was also a part of the National Honor Society and our community service program.

Out of high school I planned to go to school in Milwaukee, Minnesota or Ohio, and eventually chose Mount Union for an opportunity to punt for the football team and because of the diverse academics offered. One thing that stuck out right away was the personal feel, academic attention and beautiful campus. The school definitely will give you all the resources to succeed, which has helped me land some cool jobs and internships. I have been a volunteer at Reverb’s Eco-Village for concerts like Jack Johnson and Dave Matthew’s Band, a camp counselor at the Brandon Jennings Basketball Camp and most recently a business development intern at TerraCycle. I am sure you will hear more about some of these experiences later!

In my spare time I like to slackline, run pickup games of basketball and enjoy the outdoors. I’m optimistic you will learn even more about me through this blog, and I hope you like my posts! Until next time … over and out.