Friday Five

“Friday Five” is all about things that I am currently loving, inspired by, or things that simply make me smile. Throughout the week, I find that it is most often the small things that can make my day that much better…

“…If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” While doing the reading assignment for American Literature this week, I came across this quote by Thoreau. Instead of the boring read that I was expecting, I felt myself inspired to follow my dreams after reading his words.

Oreo milkshake = the perfect pick me up in the middle of the week. I especially needed this during my week full of studying, tests and group meetings! Homecoming Week is one of the craziest, yet most fun, weeks here at Mount Union!

One of the highlights of my week was a trip to the movie theater with the roomies. Sometimes you just need a little get-away. We took a trip to Canton this Wednesday night and caught a late showing of the movie “Pitch Perfect.” Here’s a tip: Wednesday night is student ID night at Cinemark Tinseltown, so you get a discount if you bring your Mount ID!

The constant reminders on Twitter that my favorite show EVER, The Vampire Diaries, was coming back for a fourth season made me so excited! I have really missed the Salvatore brothers, Damon and Stefan, played by Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley. The men of The Vampire Diaries are easily the most attractive men on television. Yay for season four!

Opening my campus mailbox to see that I got a package or envelope from home is always one of the best things.

Happy Friday, everyone!