Friday Five

goodbye[Going away surprise from the roommates]

I came across a quote recently that said, “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.” In anticipation of future trips, events and plans, I am often guilty of wishing the days away. During the school year, I wish the week days away, looking forward to the weekend. When the weekend comes, I often wish away the days until the next break from school or until a trip home for a family get-together or girls’ night with my sisters.

While it is fun to have something to look forward to, and so important to set future goals and have excitement about achieving your dreams, be careful not to take the days you are living right now for granted. These next couple of weeks I am going to keep this in mind and cherish every moment spent with family and friends, instead of just seeing the days as a road block in the way of studying abroad. In a few months I will really miss the small things, such as the goodnight texts from my sister and the comfiness of my own bed, so I am going to do my best in remembering this quote and making every day count.

Happy Friday, everyone!

xiu[Fun mornings babysitting]
taylor tickets[Our RED tour concert tickets finally came in the mail!]
emily[With Emily for one last girls' night out this semester]
christmas card[The cutest Christmas card from my Aunt, Uncle and baby cousin]