Friday Five

[Beautiful, surprise bouquet of flowers from my friends, Emily and Maggie]

Hello from the Windy City! This Friday I am in Chicago, Illinois for the 2012 National College Media Convention. I am so excited to be here and, so far, it’s been a lot of fun! World famous deep dish pizza, a full mile of amazing shopping, a Starbucks on every corner… what more could a girl ask for? Don’t worry; a full post will come soon enough about my experience here!

One of my favorite things to happen this past week was the spontaneous rainy day drive that my friends and I took. We hopped in the car and drove around the countryside for a few hours to get our last look of the colorful fall leaves before the trees become bare for the winter season. We of course decided that lattes were a must and stopped at the coziest, little Starbucks to warm up from the cold. We also made a special trip to Bath and Body Works and received free mini candles (which made my day, considering my obsession with candles)! Later on that evening we lugged our lap tops and backpacks to Panera for a homework night. We sat by the fire, pulled out the books and got some study time in. I have often found that the spur-of-the-moment things we do turn out to be the most memorable. Lesson learned: cold, rainy days are perfect for relaxing, long car rides with your best girlfriends, stops for lattes and lots of girl talk.

I hope everyone has a great weekend filled with spontaneous moments that turn into favorite memories.

Happy Friday!

[Rainy day Starbucks stop]

[The CUTEST Halloween treat bag from my sister. Too cute to spook!]

[View of Chicago from our hotel room]

[Inspirational, colorful pins from the convention]