Experience(s) of a lifetime.

Can you believe it is already the middle of July?! Where is this summer going? Perhaps it is my busy schedule that is making the days FLY BY!

As I mentioned in my previous post, last week was the Katy Perry concert! One word – AMAZING! Katy is such an inspirational and talented person and her performance definitely illustrated that. She put on a great show that kept fans entertained from the beginning to the end.

The Cleveland Indians had a pretty long homestand and I was there for every game except the night I was at the concert. If you’re wondering if I was there for Travis Hafner’s walk-off grand slam… yes, yes I was. It was an unbelievable experience, let me tell you. The game was very slow at first, (as in the first 8 innings!) and by the time the 9th inning rolled around, my coworkers and I were getting tired. We were about to head downstairs to end the night when we decided to just wait a few more minutes. We were standing out in the right field seats, Slider The Mascot had joined us, and we were getting excited as the bases became loaded. Just then, I looked over Slider’s head and saw the ball coming right over the wall! GRAND SLAM! It was so beyond exciting! We all jumped up on the right field wall, as part of our job, and cheered with the crowd as the Tribe celebrated on the field.

The Indians are keeping me busy outside of just home games; last night, some coworkers and I headed down to Eastwood Field to join the Mahoning Valley Scrappers during Affiliate Day — all of the Indians’ minor league teams sent representatives to the game to meet the fans and cheer on the game!

The school year is quickly approaching and it is definitely bittersweet. I am so excited to start my senior year but, at the same time, I don’t want this great summer to end!

-samantha