End of soccer, start of blogging

New Apple Keyboard

Now that soccer has come to an end, I’m happy to announce my return to writing for the Mount Union Blog. I’d like to take a second to thank my bosses for letting me take that time off – it really made it easier to focus with less things to worry about.

Now back to writing. For new readers, this post will serve as a little introduction to myself, as well as what I like to write about.

My name is Kyle Dreger. I am a third-year computer science and English writing student. I play soccer in the fall, and write for this blog in the winter and spring. I have an app on the App Store, and I love designing websites. I also have a personal website at kyledreger.com and a small blog called dregers on Tumblr as well. If you browse either of those sites, you can get a pretty good feel for who I am, what I do and the topics I enjoy writing on.

I believe writing for a particular type of reader can be beneficial to your writing. With that in mind, here is an excerpt from my colophon over on dregers:

I write, and post links, here for a certain type of reader. This reader will probably enjoy some, or all, of the following:

• design
  • technology
  • liberal arts
  • quality gear
  • programming

More specifically to this blog, I’ll be writing on the intersection of technology and our daily school lives – including apps, tips and hacks you can use to improve your education. I’ve got some great stuff lined up for you.

It’s good to be back.