Breakfast for Bruce

Today I took part in something great and truly extraordinary; something that touched hearts. Today, I felt like I made a difference and I know many people who shared in my experience would say the same thing.

As many of you know, most likely from my previous blogs, I am a sister of the wonderful and amazing Delta Sigma Tau sorority. Today we held Breakfast for Bruce. This event was a benefit breakfast in memory of one of our sister’s father who passed away from cancer not too long ago. The breakfast took place this afternoon from 3 – 6 p.m. at a church next to campus. The breakfast included pancakes, sausage, bacon and hash browns. We had many themed raffle baskets at the benefit including Pampered Chef, sports and movies. Hundreds of raffle tickets were sold.  The purpose of the breakfast was to remember our sister’s father and raise money for her family. It is amazing to see how much support we received from the Mount Union campus for this event. Many students bought tickets and came out for the event as well as faculty and staff members, community members and even some families of students. In addition, campus organizations even supported this event through monetary donations or devotion of time at the event. The outcome of the breakfast was wonderful and exceeded our expectations!

It truly is remarkable to see what can happen when a campus can come together to support a cause. I, along with the Delta Sigma Tau sorority, would like to thank everyone for supporting our event and helping to make a difference. Thank you!