Alarm Clock Malfunction

This morning started a little rough. Although my alarm clock has an automated preset to change for daylight savings time, it was unfortunately somehow set for the wrong date. I know that because Sunday morning I had to change the clock back automatically. I forgot that it changed back automatically so I thought it was like a regular clock that you had to set back manually. Last night it decided that it wanted to change back on its own, so of course it didn’t go off at 6:45 a.m. like I needed it too. My roommate’s alarm thankfully went off at 7:20 a.m., giving me 10 minutes to get dressed and get to class. I was tempted to just not go and just look at the missed notes online, but we had a quiz scheduled that I wouldn’t be able to make up. So, it was very important that I went to class!!

In the beginning of the year (September), I did miss my chemistry class. I was up late doing homework and by the time I got into bed I forgot to set my alarm. So of course I did not get up in time for my 7:30 a.m. class because I slept right through until my roommate’s alarm went off. I was so panicked and didn’t know what to do. It wasn’t that bad though because I emailed my professor and he just told me how far we got in the notes, which were already online. I just had chemistry last year, so we were still covering material that I was familiar with which made it easier to catch up.

Don’t make skipping class a habit! But if it does happen every now and then, just make sure you contact your professor right away. Make sure you are there for exams and quizzes because professors are much stricter with them and you usually can’t make them up!