About Me

This is something new. I have only read the Mount Union blog only a handful of times since coming here over a year ago, but when the opportunity for me to be a blogger came I just couldn’t resist. So I jumped on the opportunity and now I am on board. I have been blogging for many years now. I still blog at my personal site.

Here at the Mount Union blog, my aim is to bring an international student’s perspective into the fray. I want to share my experiences as a foreign student and also to give the international community a voice. I think the presence of the international students here on campus allows for a cultural exchange that could further bridge the gap between people from around the world.

I grew up on the island state of Penang in Malaysia. It’s a beautiful place that’s rich in history, culture and my personal obsession, food. There is so much to share about my home state itself, but let’s save that for some other time. I came to Mount Union as a transfer student. Currently majoring in media studies and minoring in Spanish, I hope that when I graduate, I will be able to get into the media business (leaning towards radio). I am a social network addict, I play a multitude of sports and I love taking pictures.

My position as President of Mount Union’s Association of International Students is partially what motivated me to blog here. I feel that I have a duty to all the international students to create a bridge that links the local community and the local students at Mount Union to the international community. I also host the International Hour every Thursdays at 9 p.m. on WRMU (shameless plug). I want to create a better understanding of our different cultures.

I think this is enough of an introduction. But before I go, there is something I have always wanted to do…

The name is Ng… Ivan Ng.

Okay so maybe that didn’t turn out as well as 007.