A night to remember

What was even better about initiation week was what happened at the very end of the week. Last night, Alpha Chi Omega hosted their formal at the Quarry, a golf course in Canton, Ohio. Since my big is the social chair and was in charge of planning this event, I got to see exactly what all goes into planning an event like this. A formal event for a sorority is similar to a prom in high school. Preparation for something like this happens months before the event. The social chair is in charge of finding and reserving the location to host the event, booking the DJ, figuring out the means of transportation, planning meals, decorations, etc. As you can imagine, there is a lot of hard work and time that is put into making something like this run smoothly. After last night, seeing how it all came together, I don’t think that it could have been any better than it was.  I would like to make a shout out to my big, miss Carolyn Bondra, for all of her hard work, time and dedication that she put into making formal for the sisters of Alpha Chi Omega amazing! This was the last formal for 19 of our sisters who will be graduating in almost one month, and I know they would all agree with me in saying that it was definitely a night to remember!

“It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right. I hope you had the time of your life.” ~Green Day

Tags: