A Glorious Thursday

For the first time in what seems like a lifetime the sun was shining, the grass was dry and the air was warm when I woke up for school this morning. After getting ready for the day I went to the cafeteria for breakfast where I the cook perfectly prepared eggs over easy. My 1:10 p.m. class was canceled for the week so I have free time from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to enjoy the day and finish up a paper for my forensic psychology class.

What I am planning on doing is working on my paper till noon, then going to practice early and then head to class at 2:30 p.m. because Mount is hosting the UMU Palooza all day in the quad! There’s going to be free pizza and activities and local bands playing till 9 p.m. I’m also excited for this weekend’s track meet; it is the All-Ohio Championships down in Columbus. The All-Ohio meet is kind of like the state championships for high school, only it is a bit odd because it is three weeks before our conference meet. All the best athletes in Ohio will be down there this weekend and it should be a good time. Also, this weekend friend and Mount Union alum, Justin Rodhe, will be stopping in Alliance for the next two weeks. Although it is early in the season, he is ranked 13th in the world in shot put right now with a 19.29 meter throw. He is training to compete for Team Canada in the Olympics next summer.

This is going to be a great last few weeks of school.

2 Responses