7 + 7 = 14 inning stretch

Confused about the title of this post? Well here, let me explain. Last night’s Tribe game against the Detroit Tigers went a whopping 14 innings. FOURTEEN! Towards, oh, about 1:30 a.m.! The great fans who stayed all night started to get a little restless – this is part thanks to the two-hour rain delay that caused a slight push back to game play. Well, in the 14th inning, the announcer comes over the loudspeakers and says, “Fans, get up on your feet for the 14th inning stretch!” … get it? Everyone got a kick out of this concept and, sure enough, everyone was up on their feet singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” for the second time that night.

This past week or so has gone by so unbelievably fast! It has been filled with zoo trips, boyfriend visits, Put In Bay trips, etc. I swear this ALWAYS happens when it gets to be August. Come August 1, it feels like a race to get to the end of the month for school to start.

Speaking of school… I took a trip down to Mount Union’s campus on Monday to take a look at the new townhouses. You know how it is; you need to see something to start getting excited about it. Well that worked! After seeing the new additions to campus, I am more excited to go live there than I ever was. These new townhouses are phenomenal – I couldn’t believe it! The rest of campus is looking gorgeous as always. Flowers are in bloom, there is a new patio and hangout area by the library and so much more.

Monday, August 29 (the first day of school) is going to be here before we know it. Here is to starting another great year at Mount Union!

Tags: